Public Lands Alliance Members are existing or emerging 501(c)(3) nonprofits that partner with federal, state and local land management agencies to protect and preserve our nation's parks, forests, refuges and heritage areas. Together, they generate over $150 million in grants, programs and contributions on more than 500 public lands sites and they serve as a backbone for keeping our nation's special places enjoyable and protected.
Our members are:
- Cooperating associations developing and retailing interpretive publications and products.
- Friends groups and foundations raising philanthropic funds and advocating for our public lands.
- Educational partners managing field institutes and residential learning programs.
- Nonprofits supporting public land stewardship through volunteer and youth engagement programs.
Benefits of Membership
Public Lands Alliance Members receive discounts and benefits throughout the year, including but not limited to:
Representation on public lands issues in Washington, D.C. with policy makers and legislators
- Over 20% discount on staff and board member registration for our annual Convention and Trade Show
- Access to Connected Communities - an online platform that connects members and shares resources
- Ongoing education and training programs for staff and board members with access to videos in the Resource Library
- Access to comprehensive and discounted insurance through MDP Programs
- Access to our reciprocal discount program (for organizations with retail sales outlets)
- Eligibility for scholarships at our events
for a full list of member benefits.
Membership Categories and Pricing
Choose the membership category that best fits your organization:
- Public Lands Partner
Cooperating associations, friends groups, foundations, educational partners and other nonprofits that support public lands and the enrichment of their visitors. Membership dues are based on your organization's adjusted gross revenue minus restricted funds that are not available for operations.
|Adjusted Gross Revenue
||Adjusted Gross Revenue
|Less than $100,000
||Less than $2,000,000
|Less than $250,000
||Less than $3,000,000
|Less than $500,000
|Less than $5,000,000
|Less than $1,000,000
||Less than $7,000,000
|Less than $1,500,000
|Greater than $7,000,000
Become a Member
- Emerging Public Lands Partner
Organizations in the process of obtaining 501(c)(3) status or an agency partnership agreement. Membership dues are $100 per year.
- Nonprofit Ally
National organizations that support the public lands community but are not affiliated with a particular park, forest, refuge or other public land. Membership dues are $1,500 per year.
You can also download the membership application and apply by mail.